cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Baronti <>
Subject Re: Second Cassandra users survey
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 14:39:56 GMT
We are using Cassandra for time series storage.
Strong points: write performance.
Pain points: dinamically adding column families as new time series come in. Caused a lot of
headaches, mismatchers
between nodes, etc. In the end we just put everything together in a single (huge) column family.
Wish list: A decent GUI to explore data kept in Cassandra would be much valuable. It should
also be extendable to
provide viewers for custom data.

Il 11/1/2011 23:59 PM, Jonathan Ellis ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> Two years ago I asked for Cassandra use cases and feature requests.
> [1]  The results [2] have been extremely useful in setting and
> prioritizing goals for Cassandra development.  But with the release of
> 1.0 we've accomplished basically everything from our original wish
> list. [3]
> I'd love to hear from modern Cassandra users again, especially if
> you're usually a quiet lurker.  What does Cassandra do well?  What are
> your pain points?  What's your feature wish list?
> As before, if you're in stealth mode or don't want to say anything in
> public, feel free to reply to me privately and I will keep it off the
> record.
> [1]
> [2]
> [3]