cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Doubleday <daniel.double...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Second Cassandra users survey
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 12:54:44 GMT
Allow for deterministic / manual sharding of rows.

Right now it seems that there is no way to force rows with different row keys will be stored
on the same nodes in the ring.
This is our number one reason why we get data inconsistencies when nodes fail.

Sometimes a logical transaction requires writing rows with different row keys. If we could
use something like this:

prefix.uniquekey and let the partitioner use only the prefix the probability that only part
of the transaction would be written could be reduced considerably.