cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Rolo <c.r...@ocom.com>
Subject Client Timeouts on incrementing counters
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:17:34 GMT
Hi,

I was having lots of problems with cassandra 0.8.x running OOM. After moving to Cassandra
1.0.x OOM just disappeared, but now, my python client is having troubles incrementing counters.

2/3 of the times it tries to increment a counter it get a Timeout exception. Also incrementing
on CLI I get a Null response! I didn't had this problem with 0.8.x.
Also Cassandra logs have lots (as in, several times per second) of this message now:

INFO 14:15:25,740 Saved ClusterCassandra-CounterFamily-RowCache (52 items) in 1 ms

Replacing and adding new columns/rows is functioning perfectly.
I'm bagging my head against the wall checking where can I tune Cassandra to get rid of this
error!

Thx,

Carlos Rolo