cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Kent Tong <freemant2...@yahoo.com>
Subject read performance problem
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 01:58:15 GMT
Hi,

On my computer with 2G RAM and a core 2 duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz, I am testing the
performance of Cassandra. The write performance is good: It can write a million records
in 10 minutes. However, the query performance is poor and it takes 10 minutes to read
10K records with sequential keys from 0 to 9999 (about 100 QPS). This is far away from
the 3,xxx QPS found on the net.

Cassandra decided to use 1G as the Java heap size which seems to be fine as at the end
of the benchmark the swap was barely used (only 1M used).

I understand that my computer may be not as powerful as those used in the other benchmarks,
but it shouldn't be that far off (1:30), right?

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance!