cassandra-user mailing list archives

From blafrisch <michael.fri...@swype.com>
Subject Restoring 0.8 ring in new cluster says nodes have the same token
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:57:07 GMT
Right now I'm trying to restore an existing ring's snapshots from around the
same time to create a new ring to test on.  Both rings have 5 nodes and the
original ring is perfectly balanced, each node owns 20%.  The problem that I
am running into at the moment is that the nodes are claiming to have the
same token even though they do not in the original ring.

Original ring tokens:
0
34028236692093846346337460743176821145
68056473384187692692674921486353642291
102084710076281539039012382229530463436
136112946768375385385349842972707284582

Whenever I restore the snapshots of both my keyspace and the system
keyspace:
0
34028236692093846346337460743176821145
34028236692093846346337460743176821145
102084710076281539039012382229530463436
136112946768375385385349842972707284582

Is there any reason the 2nd and third nodes would have the same token?