cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Vaknine" <micha...@citypath.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade Cassandra Cluster to 1.0.2
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:06:39 GMT
Well,
I tried to delete the hints on the failed cluster but I could not start it
I got other errors such as

ERROR [MutationStage:34] 2011-11-14 15:37:43,813
AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 133) Fatal exception in thread
Thread[MutationStage:34,5,main]
java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at
java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicReferenceFieldUpdater$AtomicReferenceField
UpdaterImpl.updateCheck(AtomicReferenceFieldUpdater.java:216)
        at
java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicReferenceFieldUpdater$AtomicReferenceField
UpdaterImpl.compareAndSet(AtomicReferenceFieldUpdater.java:227)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentSkipListMap.casHead(ConcurrentSkipListMap.jav
a:359)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentSkipListMap.insertIndex(ConcurrentSkipListMap
.java:968)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentSkipListMap.doPut(ConcurrentSkipListMap.java:
898)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentSkipListMap.putIfAbsent(ConcurrentSkipListMap
.java:1893)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ThreadSafeSortedColumns.addColumn(ThreadSafeSortedCo
lumns.java:88)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.AbstractColumnContainer.addColumn(AbstractColumnCont
ainer.java:122)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.AbstractColumnContainer.addColumn(AbstractColumnCont
ainer.java:117)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.columniterator.SSTableNamesIterator.readIndexedColum
ns(SSTableNamesIterator.java:183)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.columniterator.SSTableNamesIterator.read(SSTableName
sIterator.java:130)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.columniterator.SSTableNamesIterator.<init>(SSTableNa
mesIterator.java:72)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.NamesQueryFilter.getSSTableColumnIterator(Nam
esQueryFilter.java:60)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.QueryFilter.getSSTableColumnIterator(QueryFil
ter.java:78)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.collectTimeOrderedData(Collation
Controller.java:113)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.getTopLevelColumns(CollationCont
roller.java:62)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getTopLevelColumns(ColumnFamilySto
re.java:1278)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.
java:1164)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.
java:1126)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.readCurrentIndexedColumns(Table.java:507)

187179,2-9    95%

Should I have deleted all the hints on all the clustr?
Is 1.0.0 stable enough? I am checking this and don't want to upgrade again
in a week or so.

Thanks
Michael