cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Wiesenbacher | Codefreun.de" ...@codefreun.de>
Subject AW: Running Cassandra 1.0 as Windows Service
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 23:06:01 GMT
If you run it as a window service it runs with system-rights (instead of
user-rights of logged in user).

IMHO this could help:

- Right click on service (administrative tools->services) and apply the user
rights which are wanted
	-> Maybe it helps if you allow exchange/interaction with desktop
(not sure how the english text is) with system-account usage
- Check rights of the folder containing your data (var)

;)

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: DLC [mailto:cho@cabotresearch.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. November 2011 22:12
An: user@cassandra.apache.org
Betreff: Running Cassandra 1.0 as Windows Service

I am trying to install and run Cassandra 1.0 as a Windows Service on Windows
Server 2003 R2 x64.  The installation seems to go OK, but when I try to
start the service I get the error "Windows could not start the cassandra on
Local Computer.  For more information, review the System Event Log.  If this
is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to
service- specific error code 0."  There is nothing of note in the Event Log.
I am installing and running the service as administrator.  Cassandra runs
fine if started from the command line using the batch file.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.