cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: show schema fails
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 20:35:04 GMT
Looks like the column meta for the CF specifies a column name that is not a valid Long. I seem
to remember a bug like this something in the past.

You should be able to work around this by running  ALTER COLUMN FAMILY and only specifying
valid column meta data.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

5
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.LongType.getString(LongType.java:72)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.showColumnMeta(CliClient.java:1710)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.showColumnFamily(CliClient.java:1687)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.showKeyspace(CliClient.java:1637)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.executeShowSchema(CliClient.java:1598)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.executeCLIStatement(CliClient.java:250)
>        ... 2 more
>
> No error in server log. cli expect long value but in database is stored something different.
it should not be possible to store different type if column has metadata set.