cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <>
Subject Re: Cassandra annotation
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 23:03:04 GMT
It can be dangerous if wielded like a "sledge-O-matic" and not as
funny as watching Gallager smash fruit.

danger aside, I do find annotations useful for reducing lots of boiler
plate code.

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM, aaron morton <> wrote:
> One thing to be careful of is giving developers the power to create CF, or a secondary
index, by creating a new Class or annotating a property with @indexed. Adding mucho CF's and
indexes can/will result in decreased performance.
> Cheers
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> @aaronmorton
> On 1/10/2011, at 9:29 AM, Peter Lin wrote:
>> I know this topic has come up in the past. I'm currently working on a
>> set of Cassandra specific annotations that define key, keyspace and
>> column in my POJO's.
>> Instead of hand rolling lots of boiler plate code for creating the
>> keyspace, I prefer to annotate my POJO's and have the system do that
>> for me. Right now it's part of a closed source project, but I'm
>> willing to re-implement and contribute it to cassandra.
>> Do others find the feature interesting?
>> Should it be part of cassandra "out of the box"?
>> If not a part of Cassandra, maybe part of hector? Currently I'm using
>> hector client and contributed a few javadocs earlier this year.
>> all feedback welcome.
>> peter lin

View raw message