cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: compaction threshold and leveledCompaction
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:39:31 GMT
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:06 PM,  <mike.li@thomsonreuters.com> wrote:
> Why these two gives different results?
>

> ./nodetool -h 172.xx.xxx.xx  getcompactionthreshold Timeseries TickData
>

> Current compaction thresholds for Timeseries/TickData:
>
> min = 1,  max = 2147483647
>

> [default@Timeseries] show schema;
>

> use Timeseries;
>
> …
>
>   and min_compaction_threshold = 4
>
>   and max_compaction_threshold = 32
>

> If we use leveledCompaction, does compaction threshold setting matter?

No, it doesn't matter with leveled compaction. The code override the
min threshold
to 1 and the max to Integer.MAX_VALUE, which is what you are seeing
with nodetool.
It obviously don't override it everywhere it should, given the output
of show schema.

Do you mind opening a JIRA ticket so we fix it?

--
Sylvain