cassandra-user mailing list archives

From ruslan usifov <ruslan.usi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does anybody know why Twitter stop integrate Cassandra as Twitter store?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 18:43:19 GMT
Hello

2011/10/4 Paul Loy <keteracel@gmail.com>

> Did you read the article you posted?

Yes

> "*We believe that this isn't the time to make large scale migration to a
> new technology*. We will focus our Cassandra work on new projects that we
> wouldn't be able to ship without a large-scale data store.

There was big boom in network about, that Tweeter will migrate they tweets
to cassandra, but than they reject this plans. This explanation sounds very
vague. Why they have changed the mind? I find only one article about this:

http://highscalability.com/blog/2010/7/11/so-why-is-twitter-really-not-using-cassandra-to-store-tweets.html