cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ertio Lew <ertio...@gmail.com>
Subject ByteBuffer as an initial serializer to read columns with mixed datatypes ?
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2011 18:23:48 GMT
I have a mix of byte[] & Integer column names/ values within a CF rows. So
should ByteBuffer be my initial choice for the serializer while making the
read query to the database for the mixed datatypes & then I should retrieve
the byte[] or Integer from ByteBuffer using the ByteBuffer api's getInt()
method ?

Is this a preferable way to read columns with integer/
byte[] names, initially as bytebuffer(s) & later converting them to Integer
or byte[] ?