cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Restore snapshots suggestion
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2011 20:03:09 GMT
Pass -Dcassandra.join_ring=false via the command line (at the bottom of cassnadra-env.sh)

That will stop the node joining the ring. The node will still take requests from clients,
but will only be able to serve requests at CL One for the keys it is a replica for. Other
in the cluster will not send traffic to it.

use `nodetool join` to get it back into the ring.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14/10/2011, at 11:34 AM, Daning wrote:

> If I need to restore snapshots from all nodes, but I can only shutdown one node a time
since it is production, is there a way I can stop data syncing between nodes temporarily?
I don't want the existing data overwrites the snapshot. I found this undocumented parameter
 DoConsistencyChecksBoolean(http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/whats-new-cassandra-066) to disable
read repair,  what is the proper way to do it?