cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Erik Forkalsrud <eforkals...@cj.com>
Subject Re: Updates Question
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:39:20 GMT
On 10/24/2011 05:23 AM, Sam Hodgson wrote:
> I can write new columns/rows etc no problem however when updating I
> get no errors back and the update does not occur.  I've also tried
> updating manually using the Cassandra cluster admin gui and the same
> thing happens. I can write but updates do not work, the gui even
> reports a success but the data remains unchanged.

A basic thing to check is that the updates have a higher timestamp than
the initial write.  I was scratching my head with a similar problem a
while back, and it turned out that cassandra-cli used java's
System.currentTimeMillis() * 1000 for timestamps while the application
code used just System.currentTimeMillis() and those values would always
be lower.

- Erik -