cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mike Peters <cassan...@softwareprojects.com>
Subject Re: Using elasticsearch on cassandra nodes
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:39:10 GMT
Brian,

We've taken the same approach, with ElasticSearch running on the same
nodes as Cassandra.

Make sure you have enough memory on your nodes, because ElasticSearch
and Cassandra both love memory.

We started with 12gb of memory, allocating ElasticSearch and Cassandra
5gb each and it wasn't enough.  We ended up upgrading to 48gb of memory,
allocating 15gb to Cassandra, 15gb to ElasticSearch and haven't had any
issues since.

Thanks,
Mike Peters