cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject Re: how to reduce disk read? (and bloom filter performance)
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 08:44:04 GMT
Dne 7.10.2011 10:04, aaron morton napsal(a):
> Of the top of my head I it's not exposed via nodetool.
>

> You can get it via HTTP if you install mx4j or if you could try
> http://wiki.cyclopsgroup.org/jmxterm
i have MX4J/Http but cant find that info in listing.

i suspect that bloom filter performance is not so great on my 30GB CFs
because one read is 44.846ms on machine without any workload and because
CF has only single column and rarely (less that 0.01%) updated, data
should not be in more than 1 ssfile.

it should be 2 reads: one read to -Index and  second to read to -Data:
about 24 ms, but its double.

I can also confirm other ppl experience that performance really drops
after inserting more then 500k columns.