cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Konotop <>
Subject Authentication setup
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:23:43 GMT
Hello :-)
Does anyone have a working config with normal secure authentication?
I've just installed Cassandra 1.0.0 and see that SimpleAuthenticate is
meant to be non-secure and was moved to examples. I need a production
config - so I've tried to write this to config:
authenticator: org.apache.cassandra.auth.AuthenticatedUser
authority: org.apache.cassandra.auth.AuthenticatedUser
But during cassandra startup log says:
org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: No default
constructor for authenticator class

As I understand either AuthenticatedUser is a wrong class or I simply
don't know how to set it up - does it need additional configs similar to or Maybe there's a way to store
users in cassandra DB itself, like, fore example, MySQL does?

I've searched and tried lot of things the whole day but the only info
that I found were two phrases - first told that SimpleAuth is just a
toy and second told to look into source to look for more auth methods.
But, for example, this:
package org.apache.cassandra.auth;

import java.util.Collections;
import java.util.Set;

 * An authenticated user and her groups.
public class AuthenticatedUser
    public final String username;
    public final Set<String> groups;

    public AuthenticatedUser(String username)
        this.username = username;
        this.groups = Collections.emptySet();

    public AuthenticatedUser(String username, Set<String> groups)
        this.username = username;
        this.groups = Collections.unmodifiableSet(groups);

    public String toString()
        return String.format("#<User %s groups=%s>", username, groups);
tells me just about nothing :-(

Best regards

View raw message