cassandra-user mailing list archives

From J T <>
Subject cassandra-cli describe / dump command
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 17:52:09 GMT

I'm probably being blind .. but I can't see any way to dump the schema
definition (and the data in it for that matter)  of a cluster in order to
capture the current schema in a script file for subsequent replaying in to a
different environment.

For example, say I have a DEV env and wanted to create a script containing
the cli commands to create that schema in a UAT env.

In my case, I have a cassandra schema I've been tweaking / upgrading over
the last 2 years and I can't see any easy way to capture the schema

Is such a thing on the cards for cassandra-cli ?

View raw message