Are you writing lots of tiny rows or a few very large rows, are you batching mutations? is the loading disk or cpu or network bound?

-Jake

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 7:08 AM, Paul Loy <keteracel@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I have a program that crunches through around 3 billion calculations. We store the result of each of these in cassandra to later query once in order to create some vectors. Our processing is limited by Cassandra now, rather than the calculations themselves.

I was wondering what settings I can change to increase the write throughput. Perhaps disabling all caching, etc, as I won't be able to keep it all in memory anyway and only want to query the results once.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Paul.

Paul Loy
paul@keteracel.com