I have a smallish keyspace on my 3 node, RF=3 cluster. My cluster has no read/write traffic while I am testing repairs. I am running 0.8.4 of debian packages on ubuntu.

I've know run 7 repairs in a row on this keyspace and every single one has finished successfully but performed streams between all nodes. This keyspace was written to over the course of several weeks, sometimes with CL.write=ALL, CL.read=ONE but lately at QUORUM.
So either I have faulty hardware, a faulty network or something is wrong. But because repairs on a freshly created 40GB keyspace come up with consistent ranges, I'm guessing it's neither the hardware or the network.

I could provide the data directories privately to a commiter if that helps... I assume an eighth repair would also stream stuff around. The data directories are : 8.3GB, 3.3GB and 3.1GB

Thanks