A minor correction:

To get all columns starting with "ABC_", you would set column_start="ABC_" and column_finish="ABC`" (the '`' character comes after '_'), and ignore the last column in your results if it happened to be "ABC`".

column_finish, or the "slice end" in other clients, is inclusive.  You could of course use "ABC_~" as column_finish and avoid the check if you know that you don't have column names like "ABC_~FOO" that you want to include.