cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Hefeng Yuan <>
Subject Different cluster gossiping to each other
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:53:33 GMT
Symptom is that when we populate data into the non-prod cluster, after a while, we start seeing
this warning message from the prod cluster:

"WARN [GossipStage:1] 2011-08-19 19:47:35,730 (line 63) ClusterName
mismatch from non-prod-node-ip non-prod-Cluster!=prod-Cluster"

Looks like the non-prod cluster is trying to gossip to the prod cluster. It does stop when
we shutdown the non-prod cluster.

This warning will last few days and stop happening. Will pop up again once we starts loading
data into the non-prod cluster.

When we setup the prod cluster, we did make a mistake by using non-prod seeds in cassandra.yaml.
However, we did correct the yaml, and cleaned LocationInfo*, this is still happening.

Any clue is appreciated.

View raw message