cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Re: Urgent:!! Re: Need to maintenance on a cassandra node, are there problems with this process
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 18:45:52 GMT
> From what I understand, Peter's recommendation should work for you. They
> have both worked for me. No need to copy anything by hand on the new node.
> Bootstrap/repair does that for you. From the Wiki:

Right - it's just that the complication comes from the fact that he's
using the same machine, presumably with the same IP. But if changing
the IP is easy, it's probably the least risky replacement strategy.

(Yes, this should definitely be easier. Maybe the most generally
useful fix would be for Cassandra to support a node joining the wring
in "write-only" mode. This would be useful in other cases, such as
when you're trying to temporarily off-load a node by dissabling
gossip).

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode on twitter)