cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: nodetool repair caused high disk space usage
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2011 21:40:45 GMT
> In our case they get created exclusively duringĀ  repairs. Compactionstats
> showed a huge number of sstable build compactions

Do you have an indication that at least the disk space is in fact
consistent with the amount of data being streamed between the nodes? I
think you had 90 -> ~ 450 gig with RF=3, right? Still sounds like a
lot assuming repairs are not running concurrently (and compactions are
able to run after a repair before the next repair of a neighbor
starts).

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode on twitter)