cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Joe Stein <crypt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Certification
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 05:56:34 GMT
Certification is good when a community gets to the point that proverbial
management cannot easily discern between posers and those that know what
they are talking about.  I hope one day Cassandra and it's community grows
to that point but as of now there is enough transparency in my opinion.

I would no more get a Cassandra certification than I would get one from
Cloudera for Hadoop (no offense) nor even a CISSP (which I could do also).

I would rather see a certification in "scalable distributed computing
solutions" paramount to what the CSA (Cloud Security Alliance) has done with
security.  Cassandra is the answer in a lot of situations, but not always
the answer.  It is probably one of the best tools in your toolbox.

As the saying goes => a man with a hammer every problem is a nail, DON'T BE
THAT GUY.

My .02121513E9 cents

/*
Joe Stein