cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hints system CF getting out of control
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:56:53 GMT
I would assume it's because it thinks some node is down and is
creating hints for it.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Jeremy Hanna
<jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're trying to bootstrap some new nodes and it appears when adding a new node that there
is a lot of logging on hints being flushed and compacted.  It's been taking about 75 minutes
thus far to bootstrap for only about 10 GB of data.  It's ballooned up to over 40 GB on the
new node.  I do 'ls -l $CASSANDRA/data/system | grep -i hint | wc -l' and it's over 2000.

> Any idea why this would be happening and why it's going crazy flushing these files?  It's
also trying to keep up and compacting them as well.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra