cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Philippe <>
Subject Re: Unable to repair a node
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:24:06 GMT
Thanks for the pointers, responses inline.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Philippe <> wrote:
> > I have been able to repair some small column families by issuing a repair
> > [KS] [CF]. When testing on the ring with no writes at all, it still takes
> > about 2 repairs to get "consistent" logs for all AES requests.
> I think I linked these in another of your threads, but this is

Looks a lot like my case yes. But I have that happening even when no reads
or writes are issued to the cluster so I would assume that the premise of
this ticket doesn't apply.
Also it is marked as fixed in 0.8.2 and I'm running 0.8.4

> Launching a repair one the smallest CF of the biggest KS has triggered a
> > flurry of compactions and streams. Some of those streams are for other CF
> in
> > that keyspace !?
> and this is

> > What is surprising to me (bug?) is that netstats shows me streams going
> from
> > node A to node B at 0% progress. But netstats on node B doesn't show me
> any
> > streams coming in.
> If you are on < 0.8.4 this is probably
>  Otherwise it
> may be a different bug we don't have a ticket for yet.
Yes, running 0.8.4 on all nodes
Will open a ticket if I can make figure out reproducible steps (not :
'repair my nodes until it happens').