cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Terje Marthinussen <tmarthinus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: For multi-tenant, is it good to have a key space for each tenant?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:23:42 GMT
Depends of course a lot on how many tenants you have.

Hopefully the new off heap memtables is 1.0 may help as well as java gc on large heaps is
getting a much bigger issue than memory cost.

Regards,
Terje

On 25 Aug 2011, at 14:20, Himanshi Sharma <himanshi.sharma@tcs.com> wrote:

> I am working on similar sort of stuff. As per my knowledge, creating keyspace for each
tenant would impose lot of memory constraints.

> Following Shared Keyspace and Shared Column families would be a better approach. And
each row in CF could be referred by tenant_id as row key.