cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Certification
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:28:20 GMT
Depending on where in the world you are, keep an eye / ear out for Data Stax training http://www.datastax.com/events

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 15/08/2011, at 5:56 PM, Joe Stein wrote:

> Certification is good when a community gets to the point that proverbial management cannot
easily discern between posers and those that know what they are talking about.  I hope one
day Cassandra and it's community grows to that point but as of now there is enough transparency
in my opinion.

> I would no more get a Cassandra certification than I would get one from Cloudera for
Hadoop (no offense) nor even a CISSP (which I could do also).

> I would rather see a certification in "scalable distributed computing solutions" paramount
to what the CSA (Cloud Security Alliance) has done with security.  Cassandra is the answer
in a lot of situations, but not always the answer.  It is probably one of the best tools in
your toolbox.

> As the saying goes => a man with a hammer every problem is a nail, DON'T BE THAT GUY.
>
> My .02121513E9 cents
>
> /*
> Joe Stein
> Chief Architect @medialets
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
> Twitter: @allthingshadoop
> */
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:23 AM, samal <samal@wakya.in> wrote:
> Does it really make sense?
> If yes, I think Apache Cassandra Project (ASF) should offer Open Certification. Other
entity can offer courses, training materials.