cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Completely removing a node from the cluster
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:22:55 GMT
Unreachable nodes in either did not respond to the message or were known to be down and were
not sent a message.
The way the node lists are obtained for the ring command and describe cluster are the same.
So it's a bit odd.

Can you connect to JMX and have a look at the o.a.c.db.StorageService MBean ? What do the
LiveNode and UnrechableNodes attributes say ?

Also how long ago did you remove the token and on which machine? Do both 20.2 and 20.3 think
20.1 is still around ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 20/08/2011, at 9:48 AM, Bryce Godfrey wrote:

> I'm on 0.8.4
>
> I have removed a dead node from the cluster using nodetool removetoken command, and moved
one of the remaining nodes to rebalance the tokens.  Everything looks fine when I run nodetool
ring now, as it only lists the remaining 2 nodes and they both look fine, owning 50% of the
tokens.

> However, I can still see it being considered as part of the cluster from the Cassandra-cli
(192.168.20.1 being the removed node) and I'm worried that the cluster is still queuing up
hints for the node, or any other issues it may cause: