cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Renato Bacelar da Silveira <renat...@indabamobile.co.za>
Subject Fwd: Cassandra Memory Trend - increased memory usage when node idles.
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:29:47 GMT

  Hello All

I have let a node run for a period of 2 hours, untouched, with something
like
10 Column families, and just 30 columns in total.

I see a memory trend that is continually increasing. There are no operations
against that node.

I started the node at 14:05, at 15:05 I did a manual GC.

At 14:05, the node was GC'ed and reflected a 22MB memory footprint.

At 15:05 the memory footprint was over 200MB. GC took footprint to 20MB+.

At 16:05 the memory footprint was over 200MB again.

Is there some way to stop the increased memory usage trend, when the node
is left alone idling away like me on a Sunday morning??

Regards