cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Renato Bacelar da Silveira <renat...@indabamobile.co.za>
Subject Cassandra cli not seeing added ColumnFamily
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:22:45 GMT

Hi All

I have not been able to list the contents of an existing Column Family:

[default@MyKeySpace] Describe keyspace MyKeySpace;
Keyspace: MyKeySpace:
   Replication Strategy:
org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy
   Column Families:
     ColumnFamily: RegistryMETA
       Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
       Default column value validator:
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
       Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AsciiType
       Row cache size / save period in seconds: 0.0/0
       Key cache size / save period in seconds: 200000.0/14400
       Memtable thresholds: 0.5203125/111/1440 (millions of ops/MB/minutes)
       GC grace seconds: 864000
       Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
       Read repair chance: 1.0
       Replicate on write: true
       Built indexes: []

===> Cassandra 0.8.0 reports the following through cassandra-cli:

[default@PepTxtUsers] get RegistryMETA[ascii('Containers')];
RegistryMETA not found in current keyspace.

It simply says/*it is not found*/, but that is not the case, because if
I describe the keyspace, it displays
the information about the Column Family I am looking for.

Any ideas on how to make the Cassandra-cli see that column family? Do I
need to restart the node in
question to sort of "Warm it up?"

Regards to all!

--