cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Teijo Holzer <>
Subject Re: Last manual repair time
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 21:59:32 GMT
That's simple, set your log level to INFO in and then
do the following:

Start of every repair:
grep 'Waiting for repair requests:' system.log

End of every  repair:
grep 'No neighbors to repair with' system.log

If you perform individual repairs for each keyspace/column family you might
need to change the expression in the grep.

These definitely catch all the manual repairs, I don't know if any read repairs
would show up here as well.

On 04/08/11 21:44, Bart Swedrowski wrote:
> Hello,
> I was going through documentation, however couldn't find anything about whether
> Cassandra stores somewhere information about when manual repair occurred last
> time?  I could script it out but before I do this would like to make sure it's
> not being kept somewhere already.
> Obviously this information would be quite useful for monitoring purposes (eg.
> Nagios).
> Kind regards

View raw message