cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Memory Trend - increased memory usage when node idles.
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 10:42:20 GMT
Using memory allocated to the JVM is not really a problem unless it's OOM'ing. Or running into
performance issues due to excessive GC.

One scenario I could imagine is a timeout triggered on a dirty memtable, this resulted in
a flush, the flush resulted in a minor compaction, the minor compaction read several SSTables,
the memory was used, the GC was been good and lazy.

200MB is a very small amount of memory, how much is allocated to the JVM Heap / how much does
the machine have?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer