cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Hartung" <ho...@gmx.de>
Subject CQL: How to escape single quotes?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 01:58:22 GMT
Hi all,

first, i'm new to Cassandra. I'm use Cassandra 0.8.2 with CQL JDBC Driver Version 1.0.3.

My problem is, that I have to insert a large amount of weather data to Cassandra via JAVA.
Some of the weather station have single quotes in their name.

When I insert them directly via a Statement, i got a SQLException: mismatched character '<EOF>'
expecting '''.

Code is something like this:

Statement stmt = connection.createStatement();
stmt.execute("INSERT INTO station (KEY, name, ...) VALUES ('" + key + "', '" + name "', ...
+ ");");

Therefore I tried to escape the single quotes via following method:

public String escapeString(String string) {
	StringBuilder result = new StringBuilder();
	StringCharacterIterator it = new StringCharacterIterator(string);
	char c = it.current();
	while (c != CharacterIterator.DONE) {
		if (c == '\'') {
			result.append('\\');
			result.append('\'');
		} else {
			result.append(c);
		}

		c = it.next();
	}

	return result.toString();
}

But this also doesn't work.

Is there a way, to insert Strings with single quotes to Cassandra via CQL?

Thanks,
Jens