cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: how to verify the row key is evenly distributed
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 22:53:31 GMT
If your data is not evenly distributed check the tokens in the ring with "nodetool ring" they
should be evenly distributed. For background have a look at  http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Load_balancing

if they are evenly distributed there are a couple of other things to look at:
- if you've moved the tokens, remember to do nodetool clean
- the nodes may just be compacting at different rates
- you may have some very large rows

nodetool getendpoints is calling the getNaturalEndpoints() operation on the StorageProxy MBean.
You can call this via JMX and via  JConsole.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton