cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: HOW TO select a column or all columns that start with X
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 00:17:56 GMT
Yup, thats a pretty common pattern. How exactly depends on the client you are using.

Say you were using pycassam, you would do a get() http://pycassa.github.com/pycassa/api/pycassa/columnfamily.html#pycassa.columnfamily.ColumnFamily.get

with column_start="ABC_" , count to whatever, and column_finish not provided.

You can also provide a finish and use the highest encoded character, e.g. ascii 126 is ~ so
if you used column_finish = "ABC_~" you would get everything that starts with ABC_

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 3 Aug 2011, at 09:28, Eldad Yamin wrote:

> Hello,
> I wonder if I can select a column or all columns that start with X.
> E.g I have columns ABC_1, ABC_2, ZZZ_1 and I want to select all columns that start with
ABC_ - is that possible?