cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aayush Jain <aayush.j...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: RowKey in hexadecimal in CLI
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 04:39:23 GMT
As of Cassandra 0.8, we need to declare a key_validataion_class for the column family:

For example:
 update column family User with key_validation_class=UTF8Type;

From: S├ębastien Druon [mailto:sdruon@spotuse.com]
Sent: 05 July 2011 02:50
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: RowKey in hexadecimal in CLI

Hello!

Since we installed cassandra 0.8, the RowKeys are displayed in hexadecimal in the CLI.
Any idea why and how to fix that?

Thanks in advance

Sebastien

Register for Impetus Webinar on 'Leveraging the Cloud for your Product Testing Needs' on June
22 (10:00am PT). Meet Impetus as a sponsor for Hadoop Summit 2011 in Santa Clara, CA on June
29.

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling

or interference.