cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: CL=N-1?
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 22:25:44 GMT
Sounds like you want RF == N more than CL == N-1. You could create a separate KS with RF ==
N and then just write at CL = QUORUM, the write will be sent to every UP replica.

For background: The System Keyspace uses the o.a.c.locator.LocalStrategy that *only* stores
data on the node the mutation is sent to. So there is *no replication*, the system takes care
of ensuring data that needs to be replicated (i.e. schema defs) are replicated via  higher
level features. Using the LocalStrategy yourself is probably a bad idea.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton