cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: node stuck "leaving"
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:42:22 GMT
Thats the correct way to use remove token, it's there when the node you are removing from the
ring cannot be started

Dead nodes popping up and an inconsistent view of the ring is a bit nasty.

You can *try* restarting the node which thing the missing node is up with using the Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false
JVM property. But you may have to take more drastic action.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer

On 10 Jul 2011, at 03:52, H├ęctor Izquierdo Seliva wrote:

> I'm also having problems with removetoken. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but
> I was under the impression that I just had to call once removetoken.
> When I take a look at the nodes ring, the dead node keeps popping up.
> What's even more incredible is that in some of them it says UP

View raw message