cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BulkLoader
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:34:41 GMT
Because it's hooking directly into gossip, so the local instance it's
ignoring is the bulkloader process, not Cassandra.

You'd need to run the bulkloader from a different IP, than Cassandra.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Stephen Pope <Stephen.Pope@quest.com> wrote:
>  Fair enough. My original question stands then. :)
>
>  Why aren't you allowed to talk to a local installation using BulkLoader?

it looks like I can simply copy the created sstable into my data directory.

>>  Can anyone think of any potential problems with doing it this way?

way to run it against a local machine, because of this:

>>                Set<InetAddress> hosts = Gossiper.instance.getLiveMembers();
>>                hosts.remove(FBUtilities.getLocalAddress());
>>                if (hosts.isEmpty())
>>                    throw new IllegalStateException("Cannot load any sstable,
no live member found in the cluster");