cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <>
Subject Re: Repair question - why is so much data transferred?
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:43:00 GMT
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Jonathan Colby
<> wrote:
> I regularly run repair on my cassandra cluster.   However, I often seen that during
the repair operation very large amounts of data are transferred to other nodes.

> My questions is, if only some data is out of sync,  why are entire Data files being

Repair streams ranges of files as a unit (which becomes a new file on
the target node) rather than using the normal write path.

Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra