cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Selcuk Bozdag <sboz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java bits: Horizontal Scalibility and DAO layer design
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:43:09 GMT
Thanks Anthony. Following your comments, I searched for a similar
approach using command pattern. http://code.google.com/p/casemate
seems a way of doing that.

On 27 July 2011 18:23, Ikeda Anthony <anthony.ikeda.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Speaking from personal experience (and believe me it all comes down to this) we attempted
a DAO approach as well. However, we found that based upon all the mutator.addInsertion()s
we were creating across column families everything ended up in the same DAO - we only have
3 main Column Families that represent about 10 logical entities.

> So we have now moved to a Command pattern where the mutations are encapsulated within
a command which can be used with other commands if need be - though we haven't found a need
to just yet.