cassandra-user mailing list archives

From William Oberman <ober...@civicscience.com>
Subject Re: What does a write lock ?
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 15:21:11 GMT
I haven't ever written my own org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AbstractType
(which is I think what your talking about), so I have no idea.

Looking up the JavaDoc for that class, validate says "validate that the byte
array is a valid sequence for the type we are supposed to be comparing",
which sounds like a local operation to me (e.g. it shouldn't fetch remote
data, it's just saying "yep, this is a valid member of type T").

will