cassandra-user mailing list archives

From lebron james <lebron.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 0.7.8 and 0.8.1 fail when major compaction on 37GB database
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:35:09 GMT
>There are many things you can do to lower caches,optimize memtables, and
tune jvms.

Please tell what thins i can do   to lower caches,optimize memtables, and
tune jvms?

>From experience with similar-sized data sets, 1.5GB may be too little.
Recently I bumped our java HEAP limit from 3GB to 4GB to get ?>past an OOM
doing a major compaction.

In future i need database more than 10TB, so i need solve problem with ram,
bacause i need use not more that 4 GB ram on 5TB database.