cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Boris Yen <yulin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default behavior of generate index_name for columns...
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 04:52:40 GMT
I have tested another case, not sure if this is a bug.

I created a few column families on 0.8.0 each has user_name column, in
addition, I also enabled secondary index on this column.  Then, I upgraded
to 0.8.1, when I used cassandra-cli: show keyspaces, I saw index name
"user_name_idx" appears for different columns families. It seems the
validation rule for index_name on 0.8.1 has been skipped completely.

Is this a bug? or is it intentional?

Regards
Boris