cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Nicolas Boulay Desjardins <jnbdzjn...@gmail.com>
Subject Little problems with Solandra
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 14:52:45 GMT
Hi,

I have a server on RackSpace and it seems that when I use "ant" it
makes Apache2 crash. I don't if this is normal?

Maybe it's because I have 256MB for RAM. Could it be?

Should I get more RAM?

Also, when I use the command "ps -A" I don't seem to be able to
identify which is Solandra... How can I know if Solandra is running...
Because I have this gut feeling that it's not running, maybe because
of the lack of RAM...

That's no all, when I do: "# sh ./2-import-data.sh" I get this nasty
little error:

curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
Posted schema.xml to http://localhost:8983/solandra/schema/reuters
Jul 23, 2011 2:48:17 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing
request: Connection refused
Jul 23, 2011 2:48:17 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request
Jul 23, 2011 2:48:17 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing
request: Connection refused
Jul 23, 2011 2:48:17 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request
Jul 23, 2011 2:48:17 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing
request: Connection refused
Jul 23, 2011 2:48:17 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to
connect to solr server: http://localhost:8983/solandra/reuters
	at org.apache.solr.solrjs.sgml.reuters.ReutersService.<init>(ReutersService.java:93)
	at org.apache.solr.solrjs.sgml.reuters.ReutersService.main(ReutersService.java:63)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:391)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:183)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.SolrPing.process(SolrPing.java:60)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.ping(SolrServer.java:105)
	at org.apache.solr.solrjs.sgml.reuters.ReutersService.<init>(ReutersService.java:91)
	... 1 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:327)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:193)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:180)
	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:384)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:80)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:122)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:707)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpConnectionAdapter.open(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:1361)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:387)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:335)
	... 5 more
Data loaded, now open ./website/index.html in your favorite browser!
---> WHY??? Nothing was loaded...

So yes, I think it might have something to do with the RAM... But I am
not sure because it seems I cannot even get the DATA.

Any ideas... I will try later to upgrade my server to something with
bit more RAM.

Anyways, thank you in advance for any help.