cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Julien <pjul...@gmail.com>
Subject CompositeType for row Keys
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:10:46 GMT
With the current implementation of CompositeType in Cassandra 0.8.1,
is it recommended practice to try to use a CompositeType as the key?
Or are both, column and key, equally well supported?

The documentation on CompositeType is light, well non-existent really, with

key_validation_class set to CompositeType (UUIDType, IntegerType)

can we query all matching rows just by using CompositeType(UUIDType)?

In my specific use case, what would work best is to have a composite
key that is a CompositeType with thousands of columns each.