cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Repair doesn't work after upgrading to 0.8.1
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 07:22:03 GMT
Héctor, when you say "I have upgraded all my cluster to 0.8.1", from
which version was
that: 0.7.something or 0.8.0 ?

If this was 0.8.0, did you run successful repair on 0.8.0 previous to
the upgrade ?

--
Sylvain

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Terje Marthinussen
<tmarthinussen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless it is a 0.8.1 RC or beta
>
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This isn't 2818 -- (a) the 0.8.1 protocol is identical to 0.8.0 and
>> (b) the whole cluster is on the same version.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:35 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
>> wrote:
>> > This seems to be a known issue related
>> >
>> > to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2818 e.g. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2768
>> > There was some discussion on the IRC list today, driftx said the simple
>> > fix
>> > was a full cluster restart. Or perhaps a rolling restart with the 2818
>> > patch
>> > applied may work.
>> > Starting with "Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false" causes the node to
>> > rediscover the ring which may help (just a guess really). But if there
>> > is
>> > bad node start been passed around in gossip it will just get the bad
>> > state
>> > again.
>> > Anyone else ?
>> >
>> > -----------------
>> > Aaron Morton
>> > Freelance Cassandra Developer
>> > @aaronmorton
>> > http://www.thelastpickle.com
>> > On 1 Jul 2011, at 09:11, Héctor Izquierdo Seliva wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I have upgraded all my cluster to 0.8.1. Today one of the disks in one
>> > of the nodes died. After replacing the disk I tried running repair, but
>> > this message appears:
>> >
>> > INFO [manual-repair-bdb4055a-d370-4d2a-a1dd-70a7e4fa60cf] 2011-06-30
>> > 20:36:25,085 AntiEntropyService.java (line 179) Excluding /10.20.13.80
>> > from repair because it is on version 0.7 or sooner. You should consider
>> > updating this node before running repair again.
>> > INFO [manual-repair-26f5a7dd-cf12-44de-9f8f-6b6335bdd098] 2011-06-30
>> > 20:36:25,085 AntiEntropyService.java (line 179) Excluding /10.20.13.76
>> > from repair because it is on version 0.7 or sooner. You should consider
>> > updating this node before running repair again.
>> > INFO [manual-repair-2a11d01c-e1e4-4f1e-b8cd-00a9a3fd2f4a] 2011-06-30
>> > 20:36:25,085 AntiEntropyService.java (line 179) Excluding /10.20.13.80
>> > from repair because it is on version 0.7 or sooner. You should consider
>> > updating this node before running repair again.
>> > INFO [manual-repair-26f5a7dd-cf12-44de-9f8f-6b6335bdd098] 2011-06-30
>> > 20:36:25,086 AntiEntropyService.java (line 179) Excluding /10.20.13.77
>> > from repair because it is on version 0.7 or sooner. You should consider
>> > updating this node before running repair again.
>> > INFO [manual-repair-bdb4055a-d370-4d2a-a1dd-70a7e4fa60cf] 2011-06-30
>> > 20:36:25,085 AntiEntropyService.java (line 179) Excluding /10.20.13.76
>> > from repair because it is on version 0.7 or sooner. You should consider
>> > updating this node before running repair again.
>> > INFO [manual-repair-26f5a7dd-cf12-44de-9f8f-6b6335bdd098] 2011-06-30
>> > 20:36:25,086 AntiEntropyService.java (line 782) No neighbors to repair
>> > with for sbs on
>> >
>> > (170141183460469231731687303715884105727,28356863910078205288614550619314017621]:
>> > manual-repair-26f5a7dd-cf12-44de-9f8f-6b6335bdd098 completed.
>> > INFO [manual-repair-2a11d01c-e1e4-4f1e-b8cd-00a9a3fd2f4a] 2011-06-30
>> > 20:36:25,086 AntiEntropyService.java (line 179) Excluding /10.20.13.79
>> > from repair because it is on version 0.7 or sooner. You should consider
>> > updating this node before running repair again.
>> > INFO [manual-repair-bdb4055a-d370-4d2a-a1dd-70a7e4fa60cf] 2011-06-30
>> > 20:36:25,086 AntiEntropyService.java (line 782) No neighbors to repair
>> > with for sbs on
>> >
>> > (141784319550391026443072753096570088105,170141183460469231731687303715884105727]:
>> > manual-repair-bdb4055a-d370-4d2a-a1dd-70a7e4fa60cf completed.
>> > INFO [manual-repair-2a11d01c-e1e4-4f1e-b8cd-00a9a3fd2f4a] 2011-06-30
>> > 20:36:25,087 AntiEntropyService.java (line 782) No neighbors to repair
>> > with for sbs on
>> >
>> > (113427455640312821154458202477256070484,141784319550391026443072753096570088105]:
>> > manual-repair-2a11d01c-e1e4-4f1e-b8cd-00a9a3fd2f4a completed.
>> >
>> > What can I do?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Ellis
>> Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
>> co-founder of DataStax, the source for professional Cassandra support
>> http://www.datastax.com
>
>

Mime
View raw message