cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chandrasekhar M <chandrasekha...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Custom Authentication with Cassandra
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:50:19 GMT
Hi,

We are trying out Custom Authentication  (with Database) with Cassandra, by implementing IAuthenticator
interface. We are storing the following details in a properties file and passing the location
of the properties file as a startup parameter to Cassandra

1.       DB URL

2.       DB User Name

3.       DB Password

4.       JDBC Driver class

5.       Table name containing the userid,password.

When a user logs in, we are validating against the data stored in the database. Currently
we are storing the userid/password in the database in plain text.

We are facing one issue with this approach, ie, we are not able to restrict the access for
user with blank user name and password (default user).

If one logs into the client (Cassandra Cli) without a userid or password, an exception is
thrown, but login happens into the shell as default@unknown.

Is there a way to restrict this  ? or this is the expected behavior ?

Thanks in Advance.
Chandra

Register for Impetus Webinar on 'Device Side Performance Optimization of Mobile Apps', July
08 (10:00 am Pacific Time). Impetus is presenting a Cassandra case study on July 11 as a sponsor
for Cassandra SF 2011 in San Francisco.

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling

or interference.